Mobile Deposit Frequently Asked Questions
Download our Mobile Banking Guide eBook for help enrolling & using all of our mobile services.
What is Mobile Deposit?
Mobile Deposit is a free service for our eligible retail customers that allows you to make a deposit via a compatible mobile device. With Mobile Deposit you can deposit checks to your MJB Checking or Savings account without going to the bank! (data charges may apply)
What Mobile Devices are compatible with Mobile Deposit?
- Apple iPhone, iPad’s, and compatible, with an IOS operating system 4.2 or greater and a 3 megapixel or greater camera
- Android, and compatible, phones or tablets with Android 2.1.1 or greater and a 2 megapixel or greater camera
Who is eligible to use Mobile Deposit?
- Consumer account has been open and active for 35 days
- Enrollee is over age 18 and is an account owner/signer
- Account is in good standing
Is Mobile Deposit secure?
Yes, Mobile Deposit is secure because we take your financial security very seriously.
- Each session requires username, password, and phone-specific identification
- Only data needed to process the check is transmitted
- Accounts are identified by nickname only
- No information related to account number, balance, or transactions is shared
How do I enroll for Mobile Deposit?
- Search for Morrill and Janes Mobile Deposit in the iTunes® or Google Play Store™ and download the application.
- Read and agree to the Terms and Conditions
- Enter the requested information and submit the enrollment request
- Note: You may enroll multiple accounts during enrollment. If you decide you want to add an account later, just contact us at 913.384.8290 or email@example.com - this is not a secure email address so please do not include personal financial data.
You will receive an email response within 1 business day with a status update on your request. After your request has been approved, you will receive an acceptance email to notify you that you may start depositing checks.
How do I use Mobile Deposit?
Depositing a check with MJB Mobile Deposit is easy – just follow these steps:
- Endorse the back of the check with “For deposit only, Morrill & Janes Bank account #_______” or “This check deposited as an image, Morrill & Janes Bank account #_______” and then sign your name as it appears on the front of the check
- Login to the MJB Mobile Deposit app on your mobile device
- Enter the deposit amount
- Select the account you want to deposit the check into
- Take a picture of the front and back of item
- Submit the deposit
- You will receive a response letting you know if the deposit has uploaded successfully.
- Note: Currently, you will not see the amount deposited to your account until the following business day. Soon, we will begin memo-posting mobile deposits. When this goes into effect you will be able to see the deposit in your account sooner. Refer to the next Question for more information on memo-posting and availablity of your deposits.
- Retain the physical check for 30 days from the date the check was deposited. After 30 days you may destroy the check in a secure manner.
When will I see the funds in my account?
Deposits received prior to 4:00pm Central Time are processed on the business day of receipt and will be available on the next business day. Any check deposited after this time or on non-business days will be processed on our next business day. If the bank is not going to make all of the funds from your deposit available on the first business day after we receive your deposit, we will notify you at the time we accept your deposit. We will also tell you when the funds will be available.
Memo-post of deposits coming soon! We will begin memo-posting mobile deposits received prior to 12:00, noon, and then again for items received between 12:00pm and 4:00 pm. A memo-post means that we will credit the deposit to your account and will be included in the account ledger (book) balance. However, the funds will not be available for use until the following business day.
How do I know if my deposit has been processed?
You may check the status of your deposit with the Mobile Deposit app. Just login and go to the “review” section. The status will show as:
- In Progress: Deposit has not yet been approved or denied
- Accepted: Deposit has been accepted and will be available to use on the next business day
- Denied: Deposit was rejected and you will receive notification as to why
Will the bank notify me when my deposit has posted?
We do not automatically notify the account holder when a mobile deposit has been posted, However, you can setup the eAlert for Change in Balance and we will send you an email or text message to let you know when your balance changes. This alert would trigger when we post the mobile deposit to your account so that you know it has been posted to your account. Click here to learn more about eAlerts or log in to your eBanking service to setup your eAlert.
Can I deposit any check?
You may deposit checks payable to you as the owner of the account, drawn on a financial institution in theUnited States, and in U.S. dollars. Checks that would be ineligible for deposit through Mobile Deposit include:
- Foreign Items
- Checks payable to anyone other than the person that owns the account
- Remotely created checks
- Checks dated more than 6 months prior to the date of deposit
- Checks that are missing a MICR line
What do I do if I have a problem with a deposited check?
If you notice or suspect an error on a deposit, you should notify us immediately by calling 913.384.8290, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or contacting your local branch. You must notify us no later than 30 days from the statement date on which the transaction is shown.
Can I use more than one device to make deposits?
Yes, once you have enrolled and received an acceptance email you can use any capable device including tablets and smartphones. You will have to download the app to each device.
Yes. You can enroll each of your accounts during the initial enrollment process, or once you have enrolled and received an acceptance email contact us at 913.384.8290, emailing email@example.com and we can help setup additional accounts.
Yes, we do have limits on the dollar amount that can be deposited through the mobile deposit service. We will communicate the daily and monthly limit guidelines to you in the acceptance email you receive, after you have successfully enrolled. If you need to deposit checks, via mobile deposit, that will exceed the limit guidelines please contact us at 913.384.8290. We will review your account and the type/amount of checks you want to deposit to determine if we can establish a higher limit for your account.
Who can I contact with questions?
Contact your local branch office, call us at 913-384-8290 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.