How Morrill & Janes Bank Protects Your Information
We take the security of your account very seriously.
Protecting your privacy is important to MJB and to our employees. We guard against unauthorized access to client information, and we are committed to taking appropriate actions to prevent fraud.
As a general business practice, Morrill & Janes Bank will never contact you via email, text messaging, instant messaging or its website to request your user ID, password, social security number or any other personal information. If you should ever receive such a request, please do not provide the requested information and please notify MJB immediately. If you have any questions or concerns about any unsolicited email, unsolicited phone calls or text messages that you receive, please call 1.877.280.1862 or send an email to email@example.com (remember not to include any account numbers in your email).
Online Banking on the Internet and through Your Mobile Device - Our Online Banking incorporates the following security practices:
- Multiple firewalls: protect our systems from unauthorized access.
- Unique Access ID and Password: known only to you.
- "Time-Out" feature: automatically logs you out of our system after a period of inactivity.
- SSL Technology: To assure the privacy and security of your account information, MJB employs: 128-bit Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology, which encrypts your data so that it is unreadable as it travels across the Internet. SSL also authenticates the server with which you're communicating, so you can be sure that your information is going to MJB and not to another location.
- Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA): incorporates something only you have or know; a unique access ID and password.
- Personal Security Questions help protect you when you need further assistance.
Your password or PIN should be unique to you, and you should change it regularly. Do not use birthdates or other numbers or words that may be easy for others to guess. Do not give your password or PIN out to others.